Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Superkalafragilisticexpealidotious Experience

Wow, wow, wow!!! I am at a loss for words for where to begin. There are so many stories begging to be shared that I fear some will be lost in translation. There was this time when wild dogs chased a leopard up the tree, then this other time when an elephant charged our vehicle, or when hyenas ran by our vehicle as we all stood around waiting for our driver to change a flat tire, and then this other time we followed a lone male lion through a dry riverbed 4x4ing through sand and over boulders, or our tracker leaving our vehicle to track a leopard and guide us to her, and I can't forget when 1,000 cape buffalo converged on a water hole only to be frightened into a stampede by a demure heron, and also another time we walked up to three rhinos only 5m from us.....and then, we were never heard from again - hahaha! With no internet access, how could I share my adventures with the outside world? Never fear for pictures are worth a 1,000 words. 

I wish everyone could experience the thrill of their first wildlife sighting or safari drive into the bush! There is nothing quite like the feeling of having wind, dust and sun seep into the skin. The smell of the bush is as intoxicating for me as a T-Bone steak grilling on the barbecue. I could stay out for hours on end gazing, listening, studying, photographing this familiar world. I feel I may have passed on the "Africa bug" to my fellow traveler but I don't think she'll mind. 

Until next time.....